Tuesday 20 May 2008

thrifted tuesday

Until last week, I was without laundry basket. Which was ok, because the apartment is small, I used to simply take the drying rack to the kitchen, pull the clothes from the machine one piece at a time, hang them on the rack, then carry the rack to the balcony. Let's just say I coped. But now, after buying this small, perfect, just right little yellow basket... I just pop them in there then off to the balcony I go. I don't care what anyone else may believe... a yellow laundry basket from the late 70's bought for a dollar, really does make for a happier day! I think this lady would agree too.
And how cute!!! 4 winnie the pooh miniture books from 1968. A bit ragged around the edges yes, but it just means they've seen alot of bedtimes. These were from mecwa in windsor & the basket was from the salvos in windsor. I popped all my treasures from the day into my basket & toddled off down chapel st to home. Who cares about fashion anyway...
I also managed to find a 1926 copy of gentlemen prefer blondes & it has the cutest art nouveau illustrations throughout it & it is in perfect nic too. But such a silly book, I'm still unsure if the author was trying to sound ditzy with bad grammar for the purpose of the character or if the author was just plain ditzy themselves??? If there's any bookworm out there that can answer me this I'll be much obliged.

3 comments:

CurlyPops said...

I love your op shop finds...$1 for a lovely happy yellow laundry basket...who wouldn't be happy with that!

Michelle said...

Nice finds! And those fig apples and lemon squares look so delicious!

Drewzel said...

I'm pretty sure Anita Loos was ditzy-on-purpose.

And a washing basket as handbag is a great concept, might actually fit all the crap I "need" to carry around with me.