Monday 14 July 2008

this is... what gives me goosebumps


Ode to Surf, originally uploaded by richbrenner.

So, where shall I start?
I really don't like the water. It's always cold, and I don't like being cold. I also don't like getting wet, especially my face. I don't like the waves, because to me they are unpredictable & I always end up getting splashed in the face or totally dunked. And then there is the fact of salty water, I have sensitive eyes and it always stings like hell. What else is there... oh, the wind. So gusty all the time by the sea. And the sand, it gets everywhere and then you get sandblasted and it's in your eyes and mouth and in your drink.
So anyway, what I'm trying to say is... give me a photo of the beach anyday.

6 comments:

danica said...

Hehe. My mum would completely agree with you on this one :) I must admit the whole sand blasted part of the beach is not my fave thing either.

Little Snoring said...

Oh that is so funny, I have to say I am more interested in sunbaking beside a pool than splashing about in those thumpers!

Lindsey said...

lol I've just posted my "This is..." and it's... a photo of Cornish surf. hahaha
However, I am the opposite cuz it gives me nice goosebumps. I LOVE it. I can't surf but the whole beach and sand and crashing waves thing... aah...
Oh there I go again. Dreaming of beaches.

shoubu said...

....and to think you went blackwater rafting!

You can be a brave little one sometimes, despite your phobia.

ps. word verification is qrpppdn - which I have decided stands for quince, raspberry, pear and plum pudding, a great recipe idea if ever I heard one suggested randomly by a computer program in the internet ether!

Moiface said...

Lots of people dislike the sand I've learned... I agree that it always seems to get where you don't want it haha.

I love the smell of the salty air and the sound of crashing waves though so I'm willing to make some sacrifices.

Reenie said...

I agree with you too. I get goosebumps when I have to touch seaweed... yuck