Saturday 17 April 2010

pincushions & other random babblings of an overdue pregnant woman...

My pin cushion had been finished a while, sitting patiently on the table waiting to be posted. The due date for posting kept sneaking closer & there was a great possibility of it sneaking right by me. Somehow, on thursday I managed to get my arse into gear & post off a heap of items that were in the same boat as the pincushion.
I like to think of it as organised chaos. I plan & have everything set to go... & then at the last minute, I rush around like a banshee to get it all complete. I've always been this way; with assignments, going places... pretty much everything actually. It seems to work for me.
So anyway, back on topic... the pincushion was sent on thursday & received on friday. Woohoo aussie post! I've never known you to be so punctual. This morning I awoke to the most delightful message in my inbox. The lovely Tania of myrtle & eunice likes her pin cushion. Phew! I was so worried that she wouldn't. I knew she loved type & fonts, so I felt I couldn't go too far wrong with this french alphabet linen tape. Somehow it all came together with an old fowlers jar, lots of glue & a bit of the old crossing of the fingers.
I quite liked it myself. There's more jars on the shelf, so maybe I'll knock one up for myself too. That's when the baby comes along & I'll just have so much time & energy. Ha ha, silly dillusional woman.
I hope you're doing the baby raindance for me. It's getting very uncomfortable.

8 comments:

Kate said...

Gorgeous pin cushion Kitty! I'm live in a constant state of chaos too. I think that's one of the reasons I didn't join in the swap myself. Thank you so much for playing and for being such an ace swapper. I hope you love the one you get in the mail.
ps my word thingy is coatic,sort of chaotic backwards.

dixiebelle said...

Clever!

Hope you are popping that baby out soon!

Kristi said...

I love it and the little bits inside. Such a clever gal.

teddybearswednesday said...

Your pincushion is gorgeous Kitty and such a great idea too.
I live in a constant state of chaos too. Doing a big baby raindance for you , come come mate come on! Hope he decides to join us sooon! xo

pen said...

been meaning to check whether the bub had arrived all week....
not yet I see!

word verification is 'peachia' (the state of being just peachy)

rest up!

Megan said...

beautiful pin cushion, looks like it is chock full of extra goodies as well!

one baby raindance coming your way - all the best for what should really be happening any moment now!!

Christina Lowry said...

I'm doing the baby rain dance for you! Love the pin cushion. Tania is very lucky. Maybe you should start another one now, might make bub decide to come now. :)

PS. You are my blog love this week. Hopefully is gets a few more people doing the baby rain dance for you!

Tania said...

Nope. Tania doesn't 'like' her pincushion - she LOVES her pincushion. And so do her kids and the Mr of the house, because Tania USES it and no one has stepped on an 'ouchie' since Friday.

Now none of this rushing around like a banshee to deliver this baby. Think calm, lady. Breeeeaaaatthhhhhe.