Friday 22 April 2011

a happiest easter to you...

The past few days have been a bit blasé around these parts. I've been a bit off colour & perhaps a bit mopey too.
My head is full of thoughts, ideas & wonderings, but I'm having trouble getting it all into words. Writer's block it is. It may appear that i don't have much to say... but I do! Really I do! It's just that writing it into something that's even vaguely coherent seems to be the struggle. 
Maybe it has something to do with the mystery of the missing eggs.
Since the arrival of the Barnevelders, the Isa Browns have been funny about where they lay their eggs. At first one started laying in an old wine crate on the back porch, then the other joined her. The wine crate wasn't very private & there was a bit of fighting over who went first. Every morning it was quite a calamity.
Just this past week the eggs stopped altogether. I searched all the usual spots to no avail. I was becoming quite desparate for eggs & was longing to bake something. I just couldn't bring myself to buying eggs. I've become an egg snob! I was wishing & wishing for the Barnevelders to start laying.
But then today we found them. Hurrah! While we were poking about in the top paddock, the husband spied the stash. Twelve big eggs just in time for easter. 
Now I can make Hot Cross Buns, a very special birthday cake & even have eggs for brekky.
All's well that ends well.
Happy Easter to you all. May your eggs be plentiful be they from chicken or bunny. 

3 comments:

teddybearswednesday said...

I know exactly what you mean Kitty about having heaps to say yet not being able to get it out.
Glad you found your eggs, it was pretty great timing for Easter.
Hope you have the loveliest of Easters. xo

Gaby said...

It's so cool that you don't have to buy eggs, i'm kinda jealous :)

pen said...

the eggs are beautiful