Saturday 30 April 2011

not so good news...

I'm absolutely wrecked. 
We've spent the past few days uptown in a hospital, dealing with tests, tests & more tests. 
My dear husband has been diagnosed with Thyroid Eye Disease & currently only has use of one of his eyes. The other is shut & when held open, has double vision. He starts treatment on monday, a dose of steroids each week for a month & a half. Hopefully this will be enough & further treatments won't be needed. 
He is most upset that he is unable to drive, it is his most favourite thing. There is a chance that he may not be able to race for quite some time. That's him below, racing at Phillip Island.
I may not be around much over the next few weeks. I'm emotionally & physically drained.
I'm staying positive though & we're just taking one day at a time. There's a few big decisions to be made. Big decisions scare me. Once I've made them I'm fine... it's just the whole lead up to them.
Huckle's birthday party is tomorrow. All of our lovely friends & family are helping the party happen. I am so grateful for their support, I really wouldn't have coped on my own. So, so grateful.
I hope you're having a gorgeous weekend.
Chat soon. x

17 comments:

pen said...

Kitty
Sending you lots of love and best wishes.
Enjoy Huckle's party and be gentle on yourself.
Hoping that the treatments all work.
Thinking of you and your little family.
pen
xxx

Little Paper Trees said...

stay strong and take the time you need for yourself and family, will be thinking of you! x

Naturally Carol said...

Sorry to hear your bad news, I hope he recovers well. I've never heard of that particular complaint before. Phillip Island is an amazing place..I hope he'll be heading there very soon.

Cat said...

i hope your husband will be well soon Kitty. Enjoy Huckle's special day tomorrow. Take care and take comfort from your loved ones. xo

Kate said...

I'm thinking of you guys Kitty. Sending you huge healthy eye love and easy decision making. xx

Sonia said...

Sending you lots of positive thoughts.
Like all your readers, I wish your family the very best outcome. I'll be thinking of you in this difficult time.

Sue said...

It is so hard when things unexpectedly happen to your health. I do hope your husband recovers soon and I agree, the lead up to big decisions is always scary. Take care xxx

leslie said...

so, so sorry to hear your bad news : (
hang in there as best you can, drink warm cups of tea, hug your boys tight. thinking of you. xox

willywagtail said...

All the best. Wish I could help with the big decisions to get them out of your stress level but they are always best left to those in the know. I like your attitude about when you have made them though. Cherrie

teddybearswednesday said...

Oh Kitty, I'm sooo sorry to hear this sad news.
thinking of you both and sending you lots of love and well wishes.
And if you need to talk ....xo

Christina Lowry said...

Damn thyroids. They can be quite the pesky body parts when they decide to play up. I hope the treatment works perfectly and everything settles down soon. Stay strong and enjoy your little mans day. All the best to all of you.
xx

Michelle said...

Oh Kitty, dreadful news...sending lots and lots of energy your way. xx

Bianca said...

sending you my best wishes. I hope your husband will get better. take care!

dixiebelle said...

Good luck! Hoping the treatment goes well...

Kirsty said...

Shite Kitty...sending lots of love your way. xxx

Unknown said...

Thinking of you and your family. I hope Huckle's party was a blast for him and a nice distraction for you :) Al, Dave & Jack xxx

Anonymous said...

Kitty, I'm very sorry to hear this. Having been through family illness before, I know that as you say, the waiting is the killer. All the very best to you and your loved ones.