Monday 18 July 2011

weekend...

Hello! I hope you've all had a peaceful, easy monday. We've been laying low, pottering about after another busy weekend uptown. There was a family lunch at St Katherine's, papers read, crosswords tackled with great gusto, a new baby cuddled, adventures in the park & another lunch with best mates. Quite a hectic weekend, but it was wonderful to see so many loved ones.
A few months ago we made the decision to move back up town. Such a big decision to make, but after the craziness of the past few months we feel it's the best. I'm going to miss being on the top of a hill surrounded by cows & rolling green pastures, but in return we will be closer to those that we love. Not to mention good food, craft shops, playgroups, record stores...
We don't know when it will happen, hopefully before the year is out.
We're looking forward to Huckle having some more playfriends as well. He is at such an incredible age, we're constantly amazed by his antics. The past few weeks he's started throwing & kicking the ball, carrying the ball under his chin, climbing into things & then calling out that he's stuck (a good first word to learn when you're always getting into mischief), talking Huckle talk a mile a minute, singing, dancing (always dancing), drinking from a tumbler, pretending to cook... I could go on forever! So much learning.
Of course it is hard work & the day sleep is still not past the 30 minute mark, but goodness me this boy is divine. I'm gushing I know, but what parent wouldn't? Children are amazing creatures.
These photos were taken by my beloved. I love how they capture his personality.

I hope your weekend was lots of fun & that your week ahead is full of much happiness.
I'm off to watch the wire & warm my cockles with a hot milo.

3 comments:

teddybearswednesday said...

Oh kitty, what a big decision to come to. It must have been a hard and long thought out one. I do agree that after what you've been through recently it's for the best, but that doesn't make it any easier to come to that.
And well it will be nice for me, as hopefully we can catch up sometime. ( and I'm also an available babysister)
so happy your beautiful boy continues to bring you so much joy xoxo

cityhippyfarmgirl said...

Big decision and not easy...
Huckle's age is such a cute one, love these photos.
...and love The Wire. I was gutted when I came to the end of the series!

Cathy {tinniegirl} said...

Wonderful photos. They are absolutely beautiful.

I can only imagine what a huge decision it must have been to decide to come back to town. Hope it brings lots of good things. Maybe we'll get to cross paths again.