Thursday 24 January 2013

2013... the year of adventure...

I'm not really one for resolutions. 
As the new year ticked over into 2013, I was itching for a goal. I desperately wanted to be challenged (not that life with a two year old and baby isn't challenging at all!). I felt a bit stale, like I haven't pushed myself out of my comfort zone in a while. 

So, we did what any wise *cough, hack, splutter* people would do... and bought ourselves a bus...
We are the proud new owners of a 1969 Comair bus. We're in a bit of a buzz. 

So here's the plan... 
We're selling most of our beloved vintage car collection and heaps more stuff that we just don't need.
Our little bus will be given a fresh coat of paint and a delightful fit out and then we'll be putting our belongings into storage and heading off around Australia.
We hope to be on the road by June... JUNE people!!! 
We have four months to do all of the above. That's not too crazy is it?

I can't wait to share our adventures along the way. From doing the old girl up to galavanting around the country side. 
If anyone has any pretty spots that you think we should visit, I'd love to get your tips.
I think I need to start a new pinterest board...

Do you have a goal or challenge for the year ahead?
Or do you prefer the take it as it comes approach?
Either way, I hope your year is ace. 

Toodle pips.

* this is my excuse for not posting so much lately... so much to do

10 comments:

Little Paper Trees said...

OMG I love it - and can't wait to follow you and your journey - so impressed!

Tricia said...

Not crazy at all ;-)

You are welcome to park in our paddock if you plan on visiting the Hunter valley.

Am looking forward to following your adventure. T

mybeardedpigeon@gmail.com said...

You better come see me in Bellingen!!! It's glorious! The shire has beautiful beaches, rivers and waterholes and mountains! Glorious! X

Susan said...

10 kinds of awesome!! We're planning a big road trip this year too... though haven't out what we'll be driving in just yet. I suspect it won't be half as cool as your bus!!! Can't wait to hear all about it!!

Kirsty said...

How exciting Kitty! I look forward to sharing this adventure with you. x

Nicole said...

Hi There - I dont think your crazy - we are leaving in May to sail around Australia. Maybe I will see you somewhere

Nicole

leslie said...

Oh I am SO EXCITED FOR YOU (and jealous, that too)!! If you make it over to WA, the coast from Perth to Exmouth is ace and the snorkeling around Exmouth is fabulous, head a little further up the coast and stop at 80 mile beach, a caravan park in the middle of nowhere with an AMAZING shell littered beach. Pretty much heaven. http://www.eightymilebeach.com.au/

Unknown said...

Best resolution EVER!

Cathy {tinniegirl} said...

Such exciting news Kitty. That is awesome.

Sam said...

Wowee! That is a grand plan! So glad to have found your blog. I see you're in Gippsland too? My parents are down that way!