Friday 22 August 2008

another hectic week...

Once again we're at friday. How did it get here so fast? I've hardly had time this week to itch a scratch, but I've managed to squeeze in a bit of making.
I finished a commission for a friend, she requested an alice in wonderland signature book for her sisters 21st. Below is the final product. I have used a new style of coptic binding, which uses four needles/threads at the same time. Super confusing. I have also overlayed the images with trace paper for the siignatures so the images don't get lost.
I really don't enjoy taking photos of my books, it's so hard to capture the details & colour.
And to keep myself entertained while on the phone or watching tv, I've taken to some book sculpturing. This is one of the few I've folded so far. I'm no Nicholas Jones, but I do enjoy it.
I hope everyone has a great weekend. I'm off on my suprise weekend, still in the dark as to where we are going...

1 comment:

CurlyPops said...

What a wonderful idea for a signature book...it looks lovely.
Enjoy your weekend away.