Thursday 25 March 2010

my creative space...

I'm so exhausted today, but somehow the creative juices are flowing & things are getting done. I've whipped up a little tag blankie for the wee one. This has been on my list for a while, but it is often nicer to look at the pretty ribbons than to try & wrangle them into this arrangement. I discovered it really wasn't that hard at all, silly girl.I've made my pin cushion for the big swap that the lovely Kate has organised. I'm so daunted by who I have to make it for... she's extremely talented & everything she makes is so neat & perfect. I hope she likes it. I can show you a sneak peak, because I don't think she reads my blog... well I hope not anyway. Ooh, I'm such a risk taker. I still have to find a few more bits & bobs to finish it off & then it shall be in the post. Thanks to Kate for organising, what a mammoth effort.
I've been slicing the alphabet out of a vintage picture dictionary. When I get my DIY hat on, this shall turn into artwork for the nursery. There's just a bit of painting & glueing to do, which will have to happen in the shed. Better get my bum into gear then.
Lastly, I've finished sewing the nappies & they're just waiting to be trimmed. I used the soulemama pattern from her handmade home book, with flannel sheets from the lovely Christie.

7 comments:

Kirsty said...

You're such a gorgeous mum already. What a lucky little babe.

Andi said...

You're going to have the most hand-made little person on the block!!
Love your work!!

MooBear Designs said...

Handmade babies are very lucky... 18days to go... congrats to you Hun!!

xo Steph

teddybearswednesday said...

That baby's one lucky guy already! Love all your got going on there, I do hope we can see the nursery when you've finished.
I'm sure whoever will love what you make.xo

Kristi said...

I just finished my pincushion today. Loving yours.

Megan said...

wow - super productive creative space happening your way this week! must be those days counting down in your head keeping you on your toes :)

Trudi - Me and Ewe said...

I am sure your swapee will love the pin cushion.