Saturday 17 March 2012

the avalanche hits...

Life can get really hectic can't it? You're plodding along, doing your thing and then *WOOMPH* the avalanche is upon you. Everything is happening at once and it all gets a bit stressful. I feel I have a lot on my plate, but all I can do is push through and dream of quieter times (even if they're twenty years away, ha ha).
I'm really feeling this pregnancy at the moment, there's  a few niggly things that are giving me quite a bit of grief. It's exhausting to do anything other than lay in bed. It certainly isn't helping that the little Huckle is especially crazy at the moment, throwing his weight around like he runs the joint. Hello terrible twos! 
Needless to say, we didn't make it up town today. I kept a very low profile watching Totoro (again), designing products and stationery for Ironwood and Eaglesmith, chomping down on plump pumpkin pastries (recipe thanks to cityhippyfarmgirl) and super delicious banana cake (my growing waistline would like to thank Stephanie Alexander for this one).
I'm trying to remember to breathe, really breathe and find the little snippets of peace in my day. Calm moments where it all seems to stop, even just for a second. I find a warm cup of tea helps. Tea revives you... well that's what they say.
We're off uptown tomorrow, there's no getting out of it this time.

How is your weekend turning out? 
Tell me it's sunny and bright and full of wonder. 
That would make me smile.

I must take a bump photo soon. It's getting rather large.

1 comment:

celia said...

Sounds like a busy time, Kitty! I hope you get to sneak in the odd nap. Take care of yourself! :) xx