Wednesday 31 October 2012

in the garden...


The past few days have been oh, so wonderful. The sun has been shining and the warmth... oh, the warmth! I am so glad for spring. 
It has been perfect weather for gardening, we've been busying ourselves with planting out seeds and seedlings.
We don't plan on staying in this house past May next year, so most of our vegies are being planted in containers. Pots of all shapes and sizes are being put to use along with any other random container that can be up-cycled.
All of the small pots are on the front balcony away from hungry chookens. Beetroot, rainbow chard, basil and lettuce joined the herbs today. 


I went to town on a garden bed out the back, pulling out two ugly shrubs and removing bark. Boy, did that feel good. In its place are three pumpkin plants, four zucchini plants and a whole lot of straw from the chook house. I can't wait to have a gazillion zucchinis and pumpkins. Positive thinking here. Grow my pretties.


We've got a great amount of tomato plants too, which we're going to put in big pots out the back. I'm doing my research on the best way to grow them in pots, as previously I've grown them along a fence and tied them to the fence. Perhaps dog wire around the perimeter of the pot would be a good support for their heavy limbs.

How is your garden growing?
Do you have any tips? I'd love to hear them.

P.S. It's almost November! Eeeek! Where did the year go?

No comments: