Thursday 4 August 2011

my creative space...

I've been managing to get in a lot of sewing time lately. Huckle is sleeping a bit better during the day & he is also content to play while I sew. Hurrah!
I've sewn two pairs of flat front pants using the tutorial from made. They were very easy to make & are such a lovely fit. I picked up both fabrics from spotty & lined them with fabric from the stash. The brown pair are lined with flannel & the blue are lined with jersey. This makes them super snug & warm. Perfect for outdoor adventuring. 
I'm really quite chuffed with how they've turned out.
I've also been hooking another calm cowl. Whenever we watch a movie, I snuggle up next to my beloved & slowly work away. So far this cowl has seen Salt, Empire Records, Benjamin Button & The Big Blue. It' quite fitting really, for the lady it is going to is an avid movie watcher.
There's been botched PJ pants for me, a hoodie in progress for Huckle & some other top secret business going on too. It feels great to be productive. 

I'm joining in with the gang over here.

3 comments:

Tessa White said...

Well I had to pop over from Creative Space as my daughters name is Kitty!!.. I wish I was a dab hand at sewing it seems such a fabulous skill to own.. well done you xx

Unknown said...

Your garden is looking lovely :) The pants look great too. Don't you love it when things work out just right.

bec said...

so there are a few things: a)those pants are divine, I have some of that check and really wasn't that sure about it, but those opants are fab! b) when did Huckle turn 3? he looks like such a big boys in those pics and c) The BIg Blue is my ALL TIME favourite movie. *le sigh*. GREAT post.