Thursday 16 February 2012

my creative space...

Today has been a crazy busy day, but we still managed to squeeze in a few moments of craftiness. Straight after brekkie this morning we did a spot of potato stamping. I carved the potatoes yesterday, but we ran out of time to play with them. They aged a little overnight and the shapes weren't as crisp as intended. But lots of fun nonetheless. Huckle thoroughly enjoyed the messiness of it all and soon had paint up his arms, on his face and in his hair.
I couldn't help but do a bit of stamping too. My paint stayed on the potato and the page, I don't like getting dirty.
I snuck in a bit of sewing this afternoon too. I think I was in the studio for about half an hour and managed to get a good start on another teeny quilt. I am yet to finish the other one I started, but all in good time I say. You can't rush these things, can you.
I hope you're fitting in a spot of craftiness too. It keeps me sane. How about you?
We're off uptown tomorrow. I'm off to Jess's opening, maybe I'll see you there.


Joining in at our creative spaces.

2 comments:

Carmel's Closet said...

Love potato stamping - sounds like fun! Sweet, sweet squirrel.
Carmel

Lea said...

I love the colourings in your little quilt. Lovely!